- The following terms and conditions are relevant to the purchase of goods from www.turnedwoodenbowls.com
I may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such
changes will apply to any orders that you place after the time that I
update the terms and conditions on my website. The changes will not
apply to any order that you place before I make the changes on my
I have taken care to ensure that my website (including the help
pages) and these terms and conditions do not contradict each other.
However if there are any inconsistencies or contradictions then these
terms and conditions shall apply instead of any contradictory or
inconsistent part of my website.
- No contract exists between you and me until I notify you that I have accepted your order. I am not obliged to accept your order.
- In the unlikely event that the price of an item is incorrectly
shown, and I discover this before accepting your order, I am not
required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. If I discover an
error in the price of the goods that you have ordered I will let you
know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your
order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order
and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full
- Once I accept your order, I will send the goods by first class
post, or as otherwise agreed between us, to the delivery address you
give when you place your order. I will dispatch the goods at the first
available opportunity, but do not guarantee any specific delivery time.
If it is essential to you that the goods are received within a specific
time, you must contact me before placing the order.
Goods sent by post will be delivered in accordance with standard
Royal Mail procedures. If the Royal Mail is not able to make the
delivery, because you give me an incorrect or incomplete delivery
address or because the addressee fail to comply with Royal Mail
procedures with respect to undelivered parcels, I may treat the order as
cancelled by you. In this case I will refund the price of the goods,
but shall be entitled to keep the cost of postage.
Goods shown for sale on my website are normally available for
immediate dispatch. If some of the goods you ordered are not available I
may send part of your order. I will notify you and send the rest of the
order as soon as possible afterwards.
- In the event that goods that I send by Royal Mail are not
delivered, please notify me within ten working days of placing your
order. I shall then offer you the option of ordering other goods of
equivalent value at no additional charge, or of cancelling your order
and receiving a full refund. In the event that the original goods are
subsequently delivered, you must inform me immediately and return them
to me without delay. I will refund the postage cost.
- You may cancel the contract under the Distance Selling
Regulations by notifying me no later than 7 working days after you
receive the goods that you are cancelling the contract. Please contact
me before you return any item.
If you cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations,
you must take reasonable care of the goods from the time you receive
them until you return them to me. You must return the goods to me at
your own expense. If you do not return the goods as required, I may
charge you my direct costs of recovering the goods.
- In these terms and conditions, faulty goods means any goods I
supply to you that do not conform to the description. Any goods that are
damaged in transit to you will be considered faulty. Faulty goods does
not include any goods that become faulty after you receive them due to
fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any
third party, use otherwise than in accordance with their intended use,
failure to follow any usage instructions, or any alteration or repair.
You must notify me as soon as possible if you discover that any
goods are faulty goods and intend to return them or seek a refund.
If you return goods because you think they are faulty goods, I may
charge you my actual costs and expenses, if any, in the event that the
goods are not in fact faulty goods. However, see also my Guarantee.
- When you return goods to me for any reason (for example because
you have cancelled the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations
or because you think they are faulty goods):
- you must ensure that they are properly and securely packaged and labelled with my address;
- you are always responsible for any damage in transit that is due to incorrect or inadequate packaging by you.
- I shall not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in
performing, any of my obligations under the contract if and to the
extent that the failure or delay is caused by circumstances beyond my
- I shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage:
- where there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by me or my agents;
- where such loss or damage is not reasonably foreseeable to me when I accept your order; or
- to the extent that any increase in loss or damage results
from breach by you of any term of the contract or your failure to take
reasonable care to avoid such loss or damage.
My maximum liability to you under the contract shall be the value of the goods that you ordered.
- Images of goods on my website are photographs of the actual item
that you may order, unless the item is described as being one of a set
of similar items. In that case the image is for illustrative purposes
only and may differ slightly from the actual goods.
- These terms and conditions and the contract are subject to English law, and do not affect your statutory rights.